PDA

View Full Version : Lodging recommendations?

Bullwinkle
03-19-2007, 03:10 PM
hopefully I'm coming down for a long weekend of fishing 3/30 for 3 nights. can anyone recommend a rental cabin (or motel/lodge) close to or better yet on some water that will allow me to bring my German Shorthair? he will be with the wife while I'm fishing and with me while she is shopping. he won't be left unattended. (he does not bark)

thanks for your time.

choctaw
03-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Bullwinkle, Go to www.gsmnp.com. There you will find area rental cabins links and hotels/motels links. Most will permit pets, but not all. Have a good and safe visit to our second heaven...GSMNP!!!!

Choctaw

MattP
03-19-2007, 08:30 PM
I am staying in Townsend right now, it is just about 1.5 miles outside of the entrance of the park which has good fishing. I would recomend The valley view lodge, the wesbite is valleyviewlodge.com, right now they have a special through the end of april that if you book three nights you get the fourth one free, so that could extend your weekend, they do allow pets, I believe you have to pay an extra fee, you could ask them, they also have wireless internet, as by this is what I am using now, they have nice room, and it is just a minute drive from little river outfitters, also there is a restrauant right across the street. I would recomend this place, I stay here every year that I come.

Bullwinkle
03-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Matt, thanks for the info.. I just booked myself in the Little River Lodge down on the River. (or should I have went for the Vally View Lodge?) I see you're from Grove City. I'm from about 20 miles NE of Cols. Feel free to email me any fishing words of wisdom you care to share.

Thanks

fishlicker
03-20-2007, 10:58 PM
This topic often comes up. Is there anywhere in Townsend that's a bad place to stay? I know some are nicer than others, but I've yet to hear anyone say " don't stay at ******** "
We have stayed at the Talley Ho three times now, and we are always very happy with the rooms, prices and the folks that run it. Oh, and the little doggie they have. Do they allow pets though? I don't know - but I see you've found somewhere, so that's good.

mattp - how about a fishing report??? :)