PDA

View Full Version : Fishing today

Sivad
03-21-2007, 09:15 PM
I went to the park today and only caught 1 fish above tremont. I fished the little river above metcalf and had no luck. I saw alot of bugs but little action. How did every one else do today? I saw alot of people on the rivers.
The smokey's is a humbling place to fish.

Patrick

Barbara
03-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Oh Patrick you make me feel better! I read these reports where guys are talking about 15 fish and 22" brown trout, etc etc. It is enough to discourage somebody. I agree the Smoky Mts. will humble fishermen and women. Today I caught 3 fish in one little pool, man I was the greatest trout fisherperson alive. Moved to the next pool, trout are working on the surface. I could not catch anything, could not even get a Strike! What changed? I have no idea.
Barbara

mtnman2888
03-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Seems like fishing today was pretty tough for some reason. I've heard from a couple people now that didn't have much luck. Must have had something to do with the front moving through. I see no reason why it should be slow in the next couple days though.

Craig

russ
03-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Today I caught 3 fish in one little pool, man I was the greatest trout fisherperson alive.
Barbara
One time i was fishing the little river and a crowd of people stopped along the road to watch me. Luck would have it that i hooked into a nice rainbow and when i got it to hand people were clapping for me. Then a man and his son came down the bank to see the fish i had caught. i talked to them about fishing, flies, the fish, etc. really made me feel like i was a fishing diety or something. They left to go back to their car and i started wading back across the river. Then it happened; i hit a slick rock and started doing "the dance" all over the river. It must have been hilarious looking to the people on the bank. I finally fell in and just sat down in the river up to my waste. I was so embarrassed. i heard people asking each other if I were allright so i decided that i had to get back up. When I stood up, I slipped agian and fell back in. This time I just crawled to the far bank of the river and wanted to lay down and die. You have to remember an old wise man that said "pride goeth before a great fall"

Gerry Romer
03-22-2007, 01:44 PM
You have to remember an old wise man that said "pride goeth before a great fall"[/quote]

And when fly fishing for trout in these small mountain streams, pride also goeth after a fall of any size :rolleyes:

Gerry

RFowler
03-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Ah, the dance. As graceful as a hog on ice. :) I've done the dance many times, Russ.

Barbara
04-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Ah, the dance. As graceful as a hog on ice. :) I've done the dance many times, Russ.

You can dance in and out of the water. Last trip I caught a nice brown and I wanted a picture before I put him back. Realized husband had the camera. Put brown in net, ran up bank to call husband to come quick with the camera before fish got too stressed. A tree root appeared. Come to think of it, there was no dance, just a big splat!