PDA

View Full Version : Camping this weekend

TroutDude
03-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Howdy people,

With the weather deciding to play along, I finally decided to head down to the smokies this coming weekend. My question is ... how crowded have the campgrounds in the park been? I'l be driving down from Louisville and I'm not anticipating being in Townsend until about 7:30 in the p.m. I'm planning on heading to Elkmont, however they aren't taking reservations online yet. Will I have any trouble getting a spot with the nice weather. Or should I head to another campground. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Dude

budman
03-22-2007, 03:02 AM
Dude, I wouldn't worry too much about getting a spot. You may not get a prime (river) site but the times I've been up there this early in the season I didn't have a problem. Good luck!

Jack
03-22-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm coming up from south Mississippi and plan to camp at Smokemont. I never have any problems getting a good site there. I know it is a little far from Little River but I want to fish the Luftee anyway plus Collins Creek area. If you get over there, look for my red F-150 with Poplarville Realty signs on the door. Always got some coffee ready for visitors.