PDA

View Full Version : Elkmont & Tremont

russ
03-22-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm getting to go fishing for the first time in over 6 months this weekend. My usual plan is to go to Elkmont or Tremont and hike for a while then start fishing. My question is, will the water be too cold up there? i know the "Y" and lower elevations have warmer water, but they also have more people. That's why i want to go higher, but not too high. What do you all think? Will it be too cold still this Sunday?

David Knapp
03-22-2007, 04:15 PM
I highly doubt it will be too cool on Sunday either of those places. The hatches probably won't have progressed as much as lower down but there should still be plenty of bugs... That said, the lower portion of LR is fishing VERY well right now, at least it was when I was up there last week...

russ
03-23-2007, 08:18 AM
I don't like to fish with a 100 other people whipping the water into a froth. I'll take my chances a little higher up i guess.

Flyfishjeep
03-25-2007, 09:45 AM
If I were you I would go up past Tretmont and follow the river. Most people are there to hike which should leave you with some peace and quiet. I caught two brookies on Wed within the first 30 min.
Good luck.