PDA

View Full Version : big brown on caney

pwilson
03-25-2007, 05:23 PM
This past Thursday night I took my son on a impromptu camping trip at a state park near the Caney. We got up Friday morning and decided to do about an hour of fly fishing before we headed back to Nashville. And boy am I glad we did.

We were just a few hundred yards down from the **** and I caught one of the largest rainbow trouts I have ever caught. We had only been there about 30 minutes and my son was already wanting to go home. I released the rainbow and on the very next cast we caught the brown in the pic below! I worked the rod and my son worked the net. It was an experience we will both never forget!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w284/pwilson_album/browntrout.jpg

buckeyetrouter
03-25-2007, 06:03 PM
wonderful fish, wonderful pic, but the most important of all is that you and your son shared the experience....congradulations!!!!

It is these pics that keep me going as our limited trout fishing in Ohio is....well, limited.....

and to top that off, I agreed to new furniture never knowing that meant stripping wall paper, painting ceilings and walls and a new floor in the kitchen and living room.......now I have paint all over my keyboard #&$@^&#....

thanks for posting

buckeyetrouter

David Knapp
03-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Nice fish!!! Looks like that fish has been eating a few shad...;) What flies were working for ya up there?

pwilson
03-25-2007, 07:24 PM
We caught the brown on a size 10, black wooly bugger with grizzle hackle.