PDA

View Full Version : Guided Trip

FFM4LIFE
03-25-2007, 08:02 PM
I am thinking about taking a guided trip pretty soon. I realy don't want to spend much time on casting,my goals are:

Learn areas in the Smokies
Learn about hatches
Better understand reading they water
Minimal casting and mending
And of course catch alot of fish

What time of the year would be the best time to take a guided trip?
Thanks!
Jeremy

RFowler
03-25-2007, 08:12 PM
April thru June is a pretty good bet. ;) If you want to learn good smoky mountain technique then Hugh Hartsell is a pretty darn good teacher.

Paula Begley
03-25-2007, 09:08 PM
I agree totally, Rusty.

Jeremy, if you need info on how to reach Hugh, just call the shop.

Paula

FFM4LIFE
03-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Doe's any one know a website for Tim Doyle and his guiding?

kytroutman
03-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Tim's site is www.smokymountainfly.com

FFM4LIFE
04-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the advise guys!!! We are all very fortunate to have Hugh and Tim here in East Tennesse with there guide services.

Barbara
04-05-2007, 05:12 PM
I had a guided trip Tuesday with Hugh Hartsell. What a nice gentleman! If I can't nymph fish better now, it's my own fault. He is a good teacher. Doesn't laugh at mistakes either!

Hugh Hartsell
04-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Well everyone, let me tell you what a great pleasure it was to get to meet and fish with Barbara and her husband. It is one of those rare occasions to get to watch a lady on the stream with lots of experience with a flyrod who can lay out a dry fly with the best of the men. If you happen to run into this lady while she's on the stream, take a few minutes to watch her casting and mending techniques. She told me that her Dad taught her at a young age and you didn't have to be with her very long to see the effects that he had made upon her. I told her while we were fishing that she was the most photographed person in the Smokys that day.
We worked on the tandem rig nymph fishing method for a couple of hours and she was catching fish real quickly. Look forward to hearing some great stories as the weeks pass from these new techniques that she has learned.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.