PDA

View Full Version : Orvis Trout Bum 7' 4wt..

Bullwinkle
03-26-2007, 07:59 AM
I've been offerred what I think is a good deal on this rod with a CFO reel included but have never owned a rod shorter then 8'6". Would this be a good rod for in the park?

Thanks

Troutman
03-26-2007, 09:26 AM
I like the orvis t-bum superfines. Myself, I don't really like a rod under 7.5 ft. A lot of people fish a short rod in the park, especially the bamboo guys and do well. If you plan on fishing alot of small overhanging streams and throwing mainly dries and possibly a small dropper then the trout bum would be a nice tool. I have seen the 7 ft t-bum rods on clearance for $239 and a new CFO runs what $180. I may be a good deal for you. I have definitely enjoyed my 7" 11" superfine 4wt. The only thing I would replace it with is a hand made boo rod by Stan Smartt or Walter Babb.

bhall15
03-26-2007, 11:57 AM
I LOVE my 7' trout bum rod. It is my favorite rod for the park. This past weekend I didn't take it because I wanted to take 2 of my other rods that I don't fish as often up there one being a bamboo and boy was I sorry. I was VERY mad at myself for leaving that rod at home! I will NEVER do that again. But anyways, that rod is by far my favorite mtn rod. I also have CFO that I love as well! Good choice! Good luck