PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Saturday

tennswede
03-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Any takers? PM for more info. Will get an early start somewhere in the GRSMP. Contact me for more info. I will consider one or two companions. I plan on fishing most of the day.

pmike
03-28-2007, 12:35 PM
take you up on this offer! Unfortunately I have and will remain tied up dealing with my mom's death and estate related issues since she died last month.

I will be with you in spirit if not in physical presence. I turly hope one day to meet up with you, Rusty, Waterborn, and Fishlicker for some fishing and fellowship in those beautiful mountains.

Tighlines and be sure to catch a few for me :).

God Bless,
Mike

David Knapp
03-28-2007, 12:36 PM
This is a great opportunity to fish with an excellent fisherman...I wish I could make it but this weekend won't work for me... Hope you have a great time!!!

russ
03-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Move it to next weekend Hans. Or at least go again next weekend. This weekend is my daughter's first birthday party so I can't miss that.

Next weekend though, i'm sure I can convince the spousal unit that i need some time off for being such a sport at the party. For some reason i have to do a weeks worth of yard work in 2 days even though the party is not at the house.

tennswede
03-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Russ!

I'm possibly going to a favorite hole on Sunday. I'm probably going with Greg but we sure can use another fellow to teach us how to fish. Call me next week when we know the weather forecast and we can discuss.

Send me a pm later next week.

russ
03-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Russ!
but we sure can use another fellow to teach us how to fish.

I can teach you how to do "the dance" and how to fish but if you want to learn about catching you'll need someone else.

Kevin_Thomas
03-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Hans,

I'm in school in Alabama or I would be there for sure! I'll second Plateau's comment. Hans is a terrific angler and a very nice guy to boot! Don't miss out on this opportunity!!!

Kevin

Gerry Romer
03-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Why is it that all the good invites are always for Saturdays ??? What about us working stiffs who only get Sundays off ??? Sundays are good too y'know...

I'd really like to get a chance to fish with you, Hans. If you ever decide to hit the Park for an all day Sunday fishing trip let me know!!

Gerry

russ
03-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Hans, what do you say about next weekend? i could even go on Sunday so Gerry could fish!!! Maybe if i'm really good at the party and seeing how my durn in-laws are staying with us for 2 nights, maybe the wifey will let me go Saturday AND Sunday!!!! I can only hope.

tennswede
03-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Russ!

Yes I am planning on going to a specific hole on Sunday April 8. I guess at this point I will have to limit it to my buddy from work and you plus Gerry. It will be crowded but doable.

I wish I could fish with all of you on the board but due to time and other limits it's not possible. Anyone who want's to go later in the season please pm and I will consider it.

tennswede
03-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Mike!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I wish you the best and I know we will be able to fish someday. Plateau and Kevin, Thanks for the nice words. I hope to meet up with you all soon. Gerry, I'll try to go with you and two of my other buddies on Sunday April 8th. PM for specifics.

ijsouth
03-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Wish I could be up there this weekend, too...I had ideas about heading up, but I forgot about an event at my kids' school...we'll have to wait a few weeks. Even if I could make it up, I doubt that anyone would want to fish with my gang in tow ;). I generally try to find places where we won't bother anyone.

mtnman2888
03-29-2007, 07:24 PM
It looks like i may fish on the nc side on saturday. I know most everyone on here is in tennessee, but if anyone would like to join me let me know.

Craig

hw3
03-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Hans: I too would like to meet you; anyone as willing as you to share your experiences and post as much info as you is well worth knowing. Because my folks were stationed in FRGermany in the '60's when I was in school @ UK one of my fraternity nicknames was Hans. I will be in Townsend 3,4,5, and perhaps 6 APR to fish, is spg bk in KY and my wife and I and another couple will be in a cabin for that time. The longer we fish, I guess the more it will cost us, as the girls can only hike so much before heading to the "other" end of the GSMNP and the shops that await. If you can get away during next week, post or send a pm and maybe we can link up for awhile. I know we will hit LRO TUE, and probably on the way in or out of the Park. May try to beat the crowd to Abrams one morning; enjoyed my only time there, but it is rough and slick for a 60 year old, even one who is a retired SF COL. Watson

tennswede
03-30-2007, 07:36 AM
hw3:

Thanks for the kind words. I'll try to give people info but it also makes some (very few I should say) upset. Anyway, I am working a full week next week and I'm trying to put together a group trip for Sunday the 8th. I am afraid I will not be able to hook up this time. Maybe next time.