PDA

View Full Version : Maps?

TroutDude
03-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Hey good people,

I'm looking for a nice map of the Smokies in order to frame and put push pins in. A daydreaming map for my fly tying room. I have the Trails Illustrated map and a hiking map of the area. I'm hoping to find one that is flat and about 2' X 3'. Any ideas? I have a few USGS 24K maps of parts of the park and a couple nice Raven maps of TN and NC. I just can't bring myself to deface them. Thanks again.

Dude

mtnman2888
03-28-2007, 07:29 PM
That's a great idea, i have thought about that before myself. I know that i was looking around the national geographic map website the other day and they have wall "reference" maps, but i don't know if they have one for the smokies. It looked to be all large scale maps.

Craig

Troutman
03-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Troutdude, The next time you come thru K-town, there is a store very close to the I-640-I-75 junction called "The Map Store". The have everything, and are very nice people. You can see the store off to the left after exiting I-75S onto I-640E towards Asheville. Here is their address and Tele. #. I do not know if they have a website.
The Map Store
900 Dutch Valley Rd.
Knoxville, TN (?)
(865) 688-3608

ttas67
03-28-2007, 07:59 PM
there is a store in knoxville called, "the map store" its a really amazing place, and they can get you any type of map for anything. I've spent hours in there before. very cool. if you ever visit knoxville, check it out... or you could call them and I'm sure you could place an order.

ttas67
03-28-2007, 08:00 PM
oops, you beat me to it. we posted that at the same time!

Redfish62
03-28-2007, 08:03 PM
The sugarland visitors center also has some great maps should you be in that area.

RNGIII
03-28-2007, 08:10 PM
LRO has just about all you'll need in the shop. They carry several of the quadrants of both the Smoky Mtn. park and the National Forests surrounding it. They are topographical with elevation, roads, streams, and trails. And to beat all, they're waterproof.