PDA

View Full Version : Provo River, UT

Sivad
03-29-2007, 09:10 PM
I may be going to Salt Lake in June and would like any Info on the Provo River or the Weber river. Any Info will help I know nothing about Salt Lake or the surrounding Rivers.

Thanks

Patrick

justfishing
03-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Patrick,

Fished there a couple summers ago. There's a great spot about 14 miles south of Heber City on 189. It's just past a campground, that's on the left hand side going south. There are several pull offs along the railroad tracks.
Here's the GPS. Fish back up to the campground. Good Luck.

<'))))><
justfishing

40'23.30.69
111'32.23.31

Baldeagle
04-06-2007, 12:13 PM
I have fished the Provo a couple of times in the last two years and had good luck both times. The middle section around Heber City is good but there is a lot of traffic. I have had good luck below the dam north of Heber City. The fish that you catch are quality fish(14-18")

The other section that I really like is the lower around Bridal Veil Falls. This section is just below the entrance to the Sundance Ski area. I saw one of the most amazing hatces when I was fishing there. It was about 4:00pm and all of a sudden the water literally started boiling as the trout started feeding on BWO emergers. I had a fantatic 30 minutes and again they were quality fish(14-16"). The traffic on this section was very light which made it very nice.

I have also fished the Weber and although I caught fish, the fishing was not nearly as good as the Provo.

I hope you have a great trip and remember small(18-20 BWO's)

Tight lines