PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone fish any of the Little River prongs today?

orvis
04-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Might be able to go in the morning for a couple hours if it isnt pouring down the rain. How was the river today after the rain last night and this morning? I see above that the elves were biting very well today, hope they are gone tommorow. Iam scared of Elves.:eek::eek::eek::eek: Was the river washed out today?

Barbara
04-01-2007, 08:52 PM
I fished below Tremont Institute. It was higher than Sat. evening but color was OK and fish hit until about 3:00. Began to get faster and muddy looking and by 4:00 I left. Didn't even stop to fish toward Townsend, too muddy. It rained just a few minutes at 8:30 tonight.

Wonder how high I would have to go tomorrow to find clear water?

Gerry Romer
04-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Just got home from the middle prong. Fished below the Glory Hole and about a mile up the gravel road from about 5:30 TO 8:00. Skunked... zero...zilch...nada! water was up considerably from last night same time and definitely had some color to it. Last night I managed one bow about 9" on an Adams dry in the same stretch of water below the Glory Hole.

It started drizzling at about 8:30 on my way out of the park, so I'd plan on going up fairly high tomorrow. Or you can try Anthony Creek up in the cove or hike back in to the west prong above campsite 18. Those two stretches seem to drain quicker.

orvis
04-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I have to go to work on Monday afternoon so it kind of limits me to road access points in the morning's so I can get out of town pretty quick when I have to start towards work. Sound's like it might be a good morning to sleep in. Thank's for your help. You folks are all great on this board. I fished Tremont between the 2 bridges on Monday morning of last week and only caught one small bow. Sounds like it might still be a little slow this week as well. Thank's again.

TroutR
04-01-2007, 10:16 PM
I fished Tremont today. A short time 1:45-4. Caught a few. Water was slightly stained and up some. The fly of the day was BWO.

Good luck!