PDA

View Full Version : Avery Creek again

scflyfisher
04-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Hit Avery this afternoon for about 2 1/2 hours. Tied on a #14 tellico nymph and caught the biggest fish of the day on the 3rd cast, approx. 9" bow that was the fatest 9" trout I have ever caught. Caught a total of 5, all bows, and all 6" and up which is better averge size than I normally catch on Avery. All fish took the tellico in the deeper holes. Spent my last 3 minutes with an orange stimmie, had lots of fish slapping at it, but no hook-ups. The fish going after the stimmie were significantly smaller than the fish that ate the tellico.

It was a great day to be out wet-wading and catching a few fish.

Matt

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/belawela/TroutPics004.jpg

Here is the big fish of the day, approx 9" and very fat.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/belawela/TroutPics003.jpg

mtnman2888
04-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Wow sounds like a pretty good way to end the day. We need to get together and fish in that area sometime, there is tons of quality water around there. A 9" bow out of that creek is pretty impressive, although i'm sure there is one or two more that are bigger.

Fishing has been very good lately, i had a great day saturday up near boone. Tons of fish hitting both dries and nymphs.

As far as posting pictures, i think there are several ways, but what i do is upload pictures from my computer to photobucket (you have to create an account, but it's free and easy) and then copy and paste the IMG code into your message on this board. Hope that is easy enough directions for ya, i'm not real good at them. Would love to see the pictures though!

Craig

scflyfisher
04-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Craig,

Thanks for the help, I posted the best 2 pics I had from today. The big bow is the last pic. It's 10" from butt to end of my grip, and the fish isn't too far short of that. We definitely should get together sometime and do some fishing in that area.

Matt

mtnman2888
04-03-2007, 05:10 AM
That is a very nice fish indeed, i bet he put up quite the struggle. It amazes me how much fight some of these fish have in them. We'll definitely have to do it once things warm up, looks like this weekend will break off cold and be crappy.

Craig