PDA

View Full Version : I need a change!

UTKFlyFisher
04-02-2007, 10:41 PM
I need a change of scenery! It seems that everytime I make my way to the smokies I tend to find myself back on the middle prong. I guess its just the confidence I have that I can always catch a few fish on that stream. Can someone pllllllllease send me in the right direction. Any Suggestions out there? Im goin to try to head out there after my 9 oclock class on Wed.

castaway
04-02-2007, 11:06 PM
If your coming from campus as I assume, try the Gatlinburg side and head up toward the West Prong of the Little Pigeon. It seems to remind me of a smaller Tremont (higher up), yet the fishing is still about the same if not better. The drive is about the same as well, but I'd go early to aviod the tourist traffic. Thats the only draw back of going that way.

ttas67
04-02-2007, 11:47 PM
fish abrams

StayLow
04-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Hike two or more miles above Elkmont...also Cherokee isn't as far as it may seem...Straight Fork is all I will say

sammcdonald
04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
greenbriar

Redfish62
04-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I have been hitting the middle prong a lot myself. I have a lot of success there and it is comfortable. That is why today I forced myself to got to Abrams. No catch but that is what you have to do.
Try the west prong camp sight 18. Very nice hike lots of small rainbows, very quite and one of my comfortable spots.

sammcdonald
04-03-2007, 09:14 PM
easy hike from bote mountain trail to west prong trail....it is one of the prettiest back country sites there is....eat lunch on the big tree.