PDA

View Full Version : Tough Day

TroutR
04-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Fished the Elkmont area yesterday. Man the water was perfect 54. Several hatches coming off, but no fish. I threw just about everything I could think of. So I headed back to our picnic area for lunch.
My daughter wanted to fish (she is 11) so away we went found the perfect hole for her. She missed 9 fish (#12 Quill Gordon). I would have killed to have had one of those stikes earlier, but that's why they call it fishing not catching. She was so excited and thats what counts. THis is her 2nd year with the long pole in hand. We will be heaed back to the water today. Tremont will be the place of choice today.
I know the fish like my stuff there!

choctaw
04-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Fished lower Metcalf about 2 p.m. yesterday for about an hour. No fish activity seen, no hatches but plenty of gawkers and rock chunkers. Went to Tremont below the Institute. Brought to hand two small bows in ninety minutes...one on a parachute and one on a bead head. No hatches seen. Water temp was 60.

Choctaw

TroutR
04-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Stopped by LRO late morning with the family to restock. I had the priveledge of meeting Byron for the 1st time. I told him how much I enjoy the web site.
We headed to the Tremont area. Water was 56 when I got in the water. Not many insects, so I tied on the trusty Adams with a dropper. My daughter came to watch, she did'nt wat to fish yet. My second cast was perfect all of a sudden an otter came swimming out from the rock croping and grabbed a trout! That is the one I just about to catch (dang it). I'm only telling this because my daughter was the to witness it.
Well ya'l lcan see where the rest of the day is headed. It really was'nt that bad at all. I had a few to hand. Nothing to brag on but better than yesterday.
My daughter decided to fish later. She had 6 strikes and got 2 to hand. She was very happy. Not to mention a very proud dad.
My better half put on the waders and had 4 or 5 strikes but none to had. She too was pretty happy.
We are headed to see the inlaws in the morning so in Knoxville, so no fishing Wed. But I will be back on the water Thursday.