PDA

View Full Version : Well Sam?

Redfish62
04-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Well sammcdonald?
Did you think the first bear sighting would go the way it did. Last post I checked had gone to child raising. And I agree it does begin at home.

Now on to fishing. With the weather about to change drasticly I left work early, made my way to cades cove and fished Abrams Creek. Had a couple of fish show interest but caught none. It was nice the water was extremely clear and slightly over 60 degrees.

Hold on to your hats tonight it is going to get rough.

Redfish62

sammcdonald
04-03-2007, 08:48 PM
nope.....but thunderstorm alert for tonight might mess up the rivers for tomorrow....and maybe the bears will also be left alone....i actually met one of the tourons that chased the bear. she said she didn't understand why the ranger was moving them along and away from the bear (she a lot like the lady who asked how old a deer got before it turned into and elk)

Barbara
04-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Everything I have about the Park, books, maps, fishing info, etc. all has postings about the bears, leave the bears alone. Doesn't anyone READ?

On the other hand, I am old enough to remember the trash cans that bears could so easily get into, and the drive to Gatlinburg in the summer almost always meant a bear along the road at a picnic area. Usually being fed by lots of folks, all trying to get a closeup with their movie camera, the old kind with the reel of film that always broke when Dad was showing the vacation movies.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. People are still fascinated with bears.

sammcdonald
04-03-2007, 10:33 PM
and if the person feeding the bear is caught............$5000 and 6 months in jail is the max