PDA

View Full Version : Little river this evening

ttas67
04-03-2007, 11:58 PM
well, after going to the dentist today and finding out I needed a root canal, I figured the best thing I could do was to go fishing. I poked around and didn't get up to the park until right before 7pm. I figured I had less than an hour, so I hit this particular run on LR that I've been itching to try. when I got down to the stream there were mayflies popping like crazy. it was getting slightly dim and I couldn't really tell what they were. I didn't care though. I tied on a para bwo and figured I'd just let the fish match my hatch for once. I immediately got 2 attacks from a fish. I say attack because I don't know what else to call it. It wasn't a sip... or a roll..or rise. and no, it wasn't one of those little darters that splash at your fly. this was big. the only theory I could come up with was that he (the trout) got offended by me throwing my junk fly in his face. "get this crap out of my way sir, I'm trying to eat some real flies here!" ok, so I walked down to another run. within about 10 minutes, yellow stoneflies started coming off in force. I immediately tied on a yellow stimi and fished for another 20 minutes or so with no luck. just as I'm about to go, a trout rises right beside me, not even 5 feet from my leg. I dapped my fly right over him with no luck. strange times. now it was dark and time to leave. as I walked back to my car I wondered if byron was out there somewhere watching the stream and still trying to figure out the meaning of it all.

scflyfisher
04-04-2007, 11:02 AM
At least you were able to be out and get your mind of the impending root canal. I decided to get one of those myself last year. Good times