PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo Help!!!

BuckeyeRick
04-06-2007, 10:52 AM
There is a 6' 2/2 3-wt. bamboo fly rod made from a heddon trade rod that I can purchase for $175.00. The seller has put on a new mildrum stripper, candy apple red wraps, new guides and tip tops, new AAA cork, and a new cocobolo reelseat and it comes with sock and tube. Is it worth the money? Thanks for any info as I have never cast a bamboo before, but this seems like a way to get into it.

jgduckhunter
04-06-2007, 08:58 PM
I say check E-bay there are usually a couple hundred bamboo rods on there. I recantly found a three peice that I got for 50.00 but I need to find someone in the middle TN area to do a little restoration on it. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

ttas67
04-07-2007, 12:57 AM
BUY BUY BUY!!! actually I don't know very much at all about bamboo. sounds like a pretty good deal though. that would be a nice little brookie rod for around here. I'm suprised nobody's really responded. I figured there were some boo enthusiasts hanging around here. may be that they're keeping their mouth shut and trying to figure out where that rod is.

ccmmcc
04-07-2007, 08:38 AM
I would suggest getting in touch with Walter Babb. He is a guide with LRO and makes wonderful bamboo rods and he may do some restoration. Contact him through Little River Outfitters.

Grumpy
04-07-2007, 10:28 AM
You need to watch some of those rods that have been cut down, cut from the tip, some are to soft, cut from the butt, they are like broomsticks.
I hope you have the opportunity to cast it before you buy it.

JG, there's a guy here in Nashville that does reasonable restorations as well as builds boo rods, PM me if you'd like & i'll give ya the info.

Grumpy