PDA

View Full Version : New to the Board

steelnuttz
04-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am new to this board and look forward to talking to others about my favorite topic, fly-fishing. I have recently moved to the Cincinnati area from the Cleveland area and will be making my first Fly fishing trip to the GSMNP next week. I have been fly-fishing for Steelhead and Salmon in the great lakes area for many years and since the move, I have decided to broaden my horizon and venture south for a change. I have been lurking in the midst for a week or two now and find the site and message board very informative. LRO will be one of my first stops when I get into town on Tuesday.

SteelNuttz

Paula Begley
04-06-2007, 04:47 PM
SteelNuttz

Welcome to the board! You have found a great site loaded with very knowledgeable posters. Hope you enjoy your stay here and your trip to the GSMNP!

Paula

TroutDude
04-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the board.

Since your in the Cinci area, have you fished Brookville yet? Good luck on your tripto the Smokies. If you make it over the mountains, I'll be in Bryson City starting next Thursday.
Dude

steelnuttz
04-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Yes, I started fishing the Brookville tailwaters last fall. It is a very nice fishery and I hope to hit the river several times this spring. I can't wait till hit the strams this week. I am probably going to stick to the Towsend/Gatlinburg area streams this week since I need to share my need to fish with my wife's need to shop but my son and I are already planning on another trip late spring ealy fall to fish the NC are streams.

Thank you for your reply.

David Knapp
04-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

buckeyetrouter
04-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Welcome to the board, you'll enjoy the friendships, advise and stories shared on here.

When you get back, you'll have to tell me more about the Brookville tailwaters. I am in the vacinity some and have been wanting to try it.....

buckeyetrouter

Brutus
04-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Greeting Fellow Ohioian:

You are in for a treat. The Smokies are a paradise, and Townsend is a wonderful small town. LRO is the quintessential fly shop. They even have a cat named "Dubbing". It really is a beautiful building which could not sit in a better location.

Being a Flatlander, I was amazed when I saw these streams for the first time 20 years ago. My only general advice is avoid the Park from Memorial day to Labor day on the weekends, and Summer in general, if you crave solitude. April, May, & September are just about heaven!

Have a great trip!