PDA

View Full Version : Sunday April 15th.

tennswede
04-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Well, I was going to go to the Hiwassee last Sunday and now it looks like this coming Sunday might not be any better. I will make a decision later this week, probably on Saturday. If the weather is not improving from the forecast I might have to cancel again. I don't like the Hiwassee after two days of rain. Way too muddy to wade in. I don't have a boat.

Anyways, I was going to invite anyone who wanted to fish with me at Big Bend on Sunday morning, rigging up at 7 am. Stay tuned and I will announce my plans on Saturday. Until then let's pray for better weather.

ttas67
04-11-2007, 04:08 PM
I'll go, if the river's fishable.

tennswede
04-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm studying the weather forecast and it looks like we can do it. The only drawback would be the wind which is supposed to be fairly gusty on Sunday. I just hope we don't get a whole lot of rain to muddy up the river. I'll stay in touch. Anyone who wants to fish with us let us know so we know who to look for. I will make definite plans Saturday and I will post them here.

David Knapp
04-11-2007, 08:39 PM
I may try to make it to the HI on Sunday for at least a few hours, although I won't be getting there that early.:rolleyes: Let me know where ya'll will be and I might try to at least stop by and say howdy...

tennswede
04-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Sorry to say but I won't be going this weekend either. I guess it's bad luck but it is beginning to look like a curse. I don't see much joy in going to Hiwassee after the anticipated rain tomorrow and then high of 49 for Sunday. Oh well, I guess this is the last of the cold spells. This has been a very unusual winter/spring.

I'm hoping to see some of you down that way the following weekend. I guess by now I shouldn't even be posting since I seem to be calling the bad weather. I guess the only good thing is the fact that we do need the precipitation.

If anyone do fish I wish you all good luck.

Trouttater
04-14-2007, 07:15 AM
Hans,

Just out of curosity, could you be the Scandanavian gentlemen mentioned in the Smokies article in the current issue of Fly Fisherman?

tennswede
04-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Yes, that's me. I do not wear tile setters knee pads though, I don't know what Zach got that from.

Paula Begley
04-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Hans...don't worry about that article...it was rife with errors. Byron was severely misquoted. Seems the editors decided to write what they wanted, without regard for reality.

Sorry your fishing will be off tomorrow. Looks like our day two class will be canceled also.

Paula

Trouttater
04-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I was just going to let that detail pass. I am not surprised that liberties were taken with the details. From what I have read in past articles, that seems to be the norm. Gotta sell, to heck with the details. Kinda reminds me of the News Sentinel. Oops, did I say that?

Brad

Leinart
04-15-2007, 09:24 PM
I hit the Hiwassee today. Cold, rainy, ans some snow! Trout are still hitting the Roach rig (bugger with PT dropper) It was interesting to see snow falling and trout rising :)
df

David Knapp
04-15-2007, 10:13 PM
I thought I saw you down near Big Bend. Fish were still rising consistently upriver, although not as many as yesterday and the bugs never showed up much either. Still, I can't complain since I caught plenty of fish on dries!

ttas67
04-15-2007, 11:56 PM
yeah, you missed it hans. the fishing was excellent. the weather wasn't so good, but the trout were rising like crazy. the water was clear also.

tennswede
04-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Well I guess I have to explain the title of this reply. I woke up with a terrible allergy Sunday morning. I suspect it came from the pollen. I had to clean my gutters in the rain saturday on my house. The next morning I could hardly stay out of bed. Anyway, I'm glad you all had a good time. I'm suprised the water was clear though.

GUESS WHAT: I'M GOING THIS SUNDAY REGARDLESS OF WEATHER.

Gerry Romer, Plateau, Trevor anyone, yes anyone are welcome to fish with me. I will be rigging up around 7 am at BIG BEND PARKING AREA. WHITE FORD RANGER. I'm going to a couple of honey holes in the morning and then we can do road side fishing in the afternoon. See you all then. I'm not canceling this one unless I am bedridden with some kind of illness. I will fish all day and I am going to have a great time. See ya'll then.

ttas67
04-16-2007, 09:42 PM
I went again today. beautiful weather and only saw two other fishermen the whole time. I basically had the river to myself. the bugs were out and so were the trout. the wind was brutal. this one spot I was fishing, everytime I'd catch a trout (all about 12") and just about get him in, this bass (about 15") would come out of nowhere and start chompin on the trout. this bass was not too much bigger than the trout, I wonder if he could've really eaten him.

Stonefly
04-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Is that considered bait fishing? :confused:

sb

David Knapp
04-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Hans, it looks like I will probably make it up to the Hiwassee again this Sunday so I'll try to make it there to fish with you. Should be a good day with nice weather forecast... Looking forward to finally getting to meet and fish with you... I've been wanting to explore the Big Bend better so it will be great to fish with someone that has experience in that section!

ttas67
04-18-2007, 10:57 PM
count me in.

tennswede
04-19-2007, 09:01 PM
See you both at Big Bend Parking area. I am shooting for as early as my old butt can make it out of bed. I am going to be there somewhere between 6:30 and 7 am. We will hike down to some of my favorite holes and I will fish til about noon. I'm intending to take a break at RFT and then for the afternoon I am going to fish further up around Towee Creek. I'm hoping my buddy from work will show for the afternoon. I'm looking forward to meet and maybe some of the others here on the board are game also.

See ya!

Sunday it is!

Other commitments on Saturday.

OH: ON ANOTHER NOTE: Have you all experienced the same one generator with the occassional pulse. I don't anticipate any 2 gen yet correct?

ttas67
04-19-2007, 09:45 PM
you're not going to eat one of those expensive BBQ sandwiches are you?

Leinart
04-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Hi All,

I'll probably be *in* Big Bend about 2:15 with my Montana guide, M. R.

"Holler" if ya see us!

best ones!
L

David Knapp
04-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Looks like the generators will be off except for the one hour pulses all night and all day tomorrow until 5:00. I guess we'll be able to access plenty of water... It should be a good day for fishing!!!

tennswede
04-21-2007, 05:46 PM
yep! I'm fishing until I can't take it anymore.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all.