PDA

View Full Version : Abrams Creek

Redfish62
04-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Read todays fishing report and I have been intersted in Abrams creek lately but do not know my way round that area very well. If I was to get out in the cove Friday at about 1:00pm where would be a good place to start.

Thanks,
Redfish62

streamguy
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I heard the the forest service did a burn on the the cover side of Abrams and some of the stream is not accessable from the trail. :rolleyes:

A group of hiker will be at the back country site fishing our hearts out this weekend. Look forward to seeing some action.

Redfish62
04-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Streamguy,
I need to find out if the trails are open. I could see and smell the fire from my house in Maryville and woundered if things may have gotten out of control. But after the rain I am intersted to know how it went.

Redfish62

sammcdonald
04-12-2007, 01:29 PM
trails are still closed.

sammcdonald
04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
go to....[url]www.nps.gov/grsm[url] ...there are several back country sites that are closed in that area as well.

streamguy
04-12-2007, 10:13 PM
I understand Sam's info says the trails are closed (I respect that). I spoke with the park service they say that camp site #17 is accessable from abrams camp ground upstream. so in the AM I'll find out...they did say all trails from the cove downstream are closed.
See you out there.

streamguy
04-16-2007, 10:42 AM
This is the wekend after (Monday), Fished Abrams Creek (down river of the falls) on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Friday and Saturday till 3pm was dry with good dry fly action. (EH caddies, BWO) Once the rain started I tied on yalleo hammer and caught a couple of more.
Stayed at camp site 17 in the back country had the site to our selfs, I wound way....humm. Trails were open all the way through to the cove.

Redfish62
04-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Glad you made it and thanks for the report. I had a few things come up and did not get out till late friday so I hit the middle prong (again). Had a little rain and very little action. But better than the office.