PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

SupaFly
04-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Just moved back to the area after a 10+ year hiatus, and it is nice to be home. I started fly fishing on the Hiwassee about 20 years ago, but I fell in love with the small streams of the Smokies.

I've been living in Chapel Hill, NC and hate to say that trout fishing has kind of gone by the wayside once I took the long rod to the beach. My first saltwater fish on the fly rod was a false albacore and after seeing my backing for the first time I have been a saltwater junkie ever since! However, after catching a few rainbows on the Hiwassee about a month ago, I now remember why I fell in love with fly fishing! I am now ready to do some crouching and crawling on some small water for wild fish.

I think this is an excellent board with a great group of members. I am far from a "Newbie," but I still come across fish that "put me in place" more than I care to admit. I am sure I will learn quite a bit from the posts here.

David Knapp
04-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Welcome back home and to the board!!!

DryFly1
04-13-2007, 07:09 AM
Welcome SupaFly,

While your crawling around for mountain trout snap a few pics!

Mark.......

SupaFly
04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks you guys. Whenever I go I certainly will take my camera and post a report.