PDA

View Full Version : Swampboy needs advice.

fishdaddy242
04-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Hello everyone, I'm coming in from New Orleans on my Honeymoon on the 23rd. I'm staying at a chalet right outside of Gatlinburg. I have never been to the GSMNP. I have a small window to do some fishing. I'm a guide here in La, so I'm an experianced fisherman. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me a few pointers on how to land a few trout. My bride will be with me so I'm looking for a place with easy excess for her. I know we could fish in town, but I'm more interested in a secluded spot away from crowds. It will be catch and release only. Also if I wanted my bride to fish, could she have sucess using an ultra lite spinning outfit? I will visit LRO to get some advice and tackle. I have spoken with the people there and they are the best. Thanks again.

Redfish62
04-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey fishdaddy242,
I am from Baton Rouge and my brother and nephew are NO police officeres. They really are good guys, they do have a few good cops. I fished reds and specs for years but now live in Maryville TN.
The guys at little river can hook you up with a great guide and I highly recomend that. But if just want to get out on a stream for little while I would enjoy showing you around. I do pretty good with the dry flies.

Regards,
Redfish62
Email, calvin.ohern@power.alstom.com

fishdaddy242
04-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Redfish, I saw a post from you earlier and was wondering if you were from da bayou state. The fishing has really turned on down here, but the weather has been relentless. I appreciate wanting to show me around, and if it wasn't for the fact that I will be on my honeymoon I would take you up on that offer. I can't devote a lot of time fishing. When ever you come back and are looking to do some fishing shoot me an e-mail. Was your brother on the force during Katrina? I'll tell what, maybe I can meet you somewhere close to where I'm staying and we can fish for a couple of hours one morning. It would be nice to pick your brain about fly fishing trout. Also can I get away with hip boots, I'm pretty nimble on my feet? Thanks again.

Redfish62
04-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Sent you a email Fishdaddy,
We will hav to keep in touch. How's the crawfish?

ijsouth
04-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Seems like a lot of people with Louisiana connections are finding their way to Tennessee...there are a number of good streams to fish within a fairly short drive of Gatlinburg. One area that others on the board can vouch for better than I is Greenbriar - I fished it once back in February, but to be honest, it wasn't the greatest of weather conditions, so it wasn't a fair trial. It certainly looks good, and the area I fished is a big boulder field, so it isn't as tight as some of the other streams - a bit easier to cast. Any of the streams can be quite good, and you can usually have privacy if you're willing to walk a bit.

About a week or so ago, I saw a 20lb plus Jack Crevalle tearing up a school of mullet along the Mandeville seawall...I'll be out there soon enough - we just need the wind to lay down a bit.