PDA

View Full Version : Little Pigeon, West Prong

jdwindon
04-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Momma is headed to G'burg tomorrow and I'll be dropped off along one of the "quiet Pathways" and will fish the West Prong. I've NEVER fished here. Any reports, advice, etc, is appreciated. Since we live in Maryville, I'll be stopping by LRO in the morning for flys, etc. Also if anyone wants to meet up and fish with me, I'm game. I hear the West of the LP is steep, slick and a companion would be helpful in case of a problem.

tennswede
04-21-2007, 04:59 PM
I consider it one of my most beloved streams. I have fished it extensively for about 12 years off and on. Yes it is steep and dangerous in places and if you are solo you should probably stick to the roadside access in and near the quiet walkways. Fish upstream and hike back the way you came and you should be alright. I wouldn't go upstream of the picnic area by myself since it is really not good for lone anglers. LRO knows which areas you should do on your own. Good luck and a bushy attractor fly in yellow would do as long as you present it drag free and keep a low profile. I would have fished with you but I'm Hiwassee bound tomorrow.

doghaircaddis
04-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Also one of my favorite streams to fish. Lots of huge boulders and deep, clear pools....wading can be difficult at times. Pay attention to where you access the stream, cause you may have a difficult time finding your way out. I know I did the last time I fished from one of the quite walkways.

Kytroutbum
04-21-2007, 10:11 PM
I love to fish it also, keep you eyes open for Rattlers along the old road bed if you walk up or down it. I've seen a couple- not a lot- along it but watch.