PDA

View Full Version : I'm back...

Kevin_Thomas
04-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Fished Tremont today. I was rusty, so I missed a lot of strikes. Managed 6 Bows and several shiners. Pretty good day. It's sure nice to be home!

Kevin

David Knapp
04-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Welcome back! One of the best feelings in the world is to finally be standing knee-deep in your homewaters after being away for awhile. Of course, catching fish again after being away is nice too...glad you had a good one!

Kevin_Thomas
04-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Ran into Trevor today and he said you guys were going to the HI tomorrow. I would go, but I'm a little sore from today. If I go tomorrow, I'll hit the park again for a short trip...

Gerry Romer
04-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey Kevin --

Welcome home! I thought that was you we ran into going up Tremont about 5:30, 5:45. We ended up about a mile further up the gravel road and fished a stretch we'd never tried before. Didn't do too bad. Ran an orange spider through a fairly fast stretch and picked up a 9" bow on my second cast...right after I'd seen him leap completely out of the water after a live one. Ended up at that beautiful flat pool at the big left-hand bend in the road. Worked my way up to the tail of the pool at about 8:00 throwing helgrammites and BHPT with no luck. When I got to the tail of the pool the light was fading fast so I thought I'd tie on something light. I tied on a size 14 Madam X and picked up a 9" brown on my first cast.

Gotta love Tremont!

Gerry

Kevin_Thomas
04-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I thought that was you too... Congrats!