PDA

View Full Version : Little River

Green Weenie
04-24-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm thinking of hitting the Little River soon, maybe even today. I'd like a chance at some smallies with a few rainbows and browns thrown in for good measure.
I've never fished any of the river below the "Y". Can anyone recommend a good area to begin?

Griff
04-24-2007, 12:19 PM
There is no fish below the Y, none whatsoever.

Check your PM's.

Paula Begley
04-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Gee, I could swear there are fish below the Y...hmmm....;)

The further below Townsend the better off you are for smallies. There are rainbow (stocked) through Townsend...and rainbow, some large, being reported well into Walland. Small mouth fishing has been great lately.

The best access points are where the bridges cross the stream. Also, a couple of picnic areas....the handicapped area in Townsend and the roadside picnic area in Walland.

Paula

Green Weenie
04-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Paula,

You've been spying on me, haven't you? Anyone who has seen me fish knows I definitely need to fish the handicapped area.

Seriously though, thanks for the advice. I'll try to stop by the shop before hitting the water.

ttas67
04-24-2007, 09:18 PM
let me know how you do, as I may be hitting this soon.

mmorgan135
04-24-2007, 09:33 PM
can any of you guys go on Thursday?

ttas67
04-24-2007, 09:36 PM
no. work and chem lab final.

Green Weenie
04-26-2007, 09:08 AM
I fished the Little River for a few hours after work on Tuesday. I was looking for some smallies, but ended up wtih 2 stocker bows and a handful of warpaint shiners. I saw an absolutely huge fish working a tailout, but she was not interested in anything I was offering. I hit the West Prong just before dark and caught a few on a BWO. I had forgotten just how beautiful that stream is.
So, all in all, a good day. No smallmouth, though.:frown: Maybe I just need to go with somebody who knows what they're doing. Any takers for this weekend?