PDA

View Full Version : New to the Board

MtnMike
04-25-2007, 05:11 PM
I have been watching and reading this board almost every week since the new web site went up. I finally decided that it was time to participate. I do most of my fishing on the SoHo, but I love to visit the smokys and Little River Outfitters. I usually make 5 or 6 trips to the smokys each year. It is just too easy to fish here at home (I live in Bluff City) but there is something about those mountain streams that keeps me going back. I will actually be fishing the smokys next Thursday - Saturday, I pastor the First Baptist Church here in Bluff City so I will be back home by Sunday Morning. We are waiting to see what the weather will do before we decide where we are going. Right now we have 4 primary choices: We will probably hike in to Forney or fish Abrams, Elkmont, or Cataloochee. I fish quiet a bit on the NC side (mostly Cataloochee) because I can get there without driving through any crowded tourist traps. But I love Cades Cove and Abrams Creek which means I get to visit Townsend and the great folks at Little River Outfitters. I really appreciate all that they do and I read the fishing report almost every day. Thank you LRO!

TroutDude
04-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the board. As you well know for watching it.... there is a lot of great information and people on here. Hope your trip goes well!

Dude

Realtyman
04-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Welcome aboard, and we look forward to your fishing reports on the SoHo.

David Knapp
04-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Welcome to the board! I'll echo what Realtyman said, I'm looking forward to SoHo reports! Fished it the first time a few months back and can't wait to go back, hopefully sometime soon...

DryFly1
04-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Welcome MtnMike,

Looking forward to some fishing stories.

Mark....

MtnMike
04-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey Guys, Thanks for the welcome. I'm new to this posting stuff and very computer illiterate so it may take me a while to get the hang of this. I actually had to make my original post twice because I lost it the first try. Anyway, as I get a little better at this I will post some reports from the SoHo. I fish there almost every Friday (my day off!) and have had a really great spring thus far. I have landed more wild rainbows this year than most. Maybe I will be able to get some pictures one day. Of course the river is known for its wild browns, but there are definitely some spawning rainbows to be found in the early spring. I have landed several in the 17"-20" range this year, some with a nice kyped jaw. If you every want to fish the SoHo, especially on a Friday, feel free to give me a shout.

Byron Begley
05-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi Mike,

Good to have you here and thanks for all the kind words about us. You are a good friend to have. When you stop by the shop come find me. I'll be here somewhere.

Byron