PDA

View Full Version : 20 days and counting

buckeyetrouter
04-27-2007, 07:34 AM
haven't been to the park since late Jan.......got a cabin and coming down for Troutfest and the cookout and I can't concentrate on much of anything else. All of the pics and reports that you folks are posting really helps us who are too far away to visit the park and FF on a regular basis....Thank You!!!!

Question.....I'm still working on fly tying and of course want to tye some flies for the mid may trip, so what should I be looking at tying????? Watch out Paula, Byron and Daniel....I can see another good sized order coming your way........

hoping that Abby and I can learn (and maybe tag along) from some of you park experienced fisherpersons. We both have decent casting but need park savy.....ps....sometimes Abby sounds like a sailor when trees get involved but I'm working with her on that....:biggrin:

thanks in advance for any advise you send out way......

buckeyetrouter

Green Weenie
04-27-2007, 07:57 AM
.....ps....sometimes Abby sounds like a sailor when trees get involved but I'm working with her on that....:biggrin:

LOL! I think we've all made those trees blush from time to time!:biggrin:

PeteCz
04-27-2007, 08:16 AM
LOL! I think we've all made those trees blush from time to time!:biggrin:

My favorite is making several side-armed casts through a 2ft wide gap in the canopy, see a trout rise then get so excited that I jerk the fly from right out of his mouth so hard that I send my last #16 Parachute Adams 10' up into a tree...then cursing the tree like a drill sargeant...as if it pulled my fly up there.

Rog 1
04-27-2007, 08:51 AM
What is it about the trees up there that know when you are making that last false cast and reach out and grab your fly just when you are about to place it in front of that feeding trout?