PDA

View Full Version : Awesome day!!!

Kevin_Thomas
04-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Cool thing #1 = got off work at Noon...
Cool thing #2 = played golf with a couple buddies at Lambert and shot 82 (first time out this year and no mulligans)
Cool thing #3 = Went to middle prong at 5:30 and wore them out. Landed over a dozen, with one going 10".

A great day!!!
Kevin

tennswede
04-27-2007, 09:42 PM
and the wifey is okay?

David Knapp
04-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Glad you had a good one. What were the fish wanting to eat?

Kevin_Thomas
04-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Started with a #14 Yellow Stim and a #14 Red Copper John dropper. I caught a few on the Copper John, but I started getting a lot of hits on the dry and missing them. I cut off the dropper and started pulling them in. The ticket was to get in the swifter runs and float the dry high. I didn't catch anything in the pockets. Most fish were holding at the end of the runs, but I did manage to double up in a few runs.

ijsouth
04-27-2007, 10:03 PM
It's reports like this that drive me mad with thoughts of moving up there...able to leisurely fish a stream in the evening - best time of the day. Oh well. I guess the rains helped - I sure battled it on the drive home. On Wednesday, I couldn't get a trout to look up on Lynn Camp - all the action was on nymphs.

Kevin_Thomas
04-27-2007, 10:07 PM
I love Lynn Camp... I'll move up there as the water temps go up.

ijsouth
04-27-2007, 10:37 PM
I guess some of it has to do with the species, too...on Cosby, I caught brookies on dries - mostly parachute adams. In Virginia, the water was a bit colder, but it was mostly dries up there, too - in fact, they were hitting them like a bass attacking a buzzbait. Since I ended making a misstep and going swimming just below the confluence of Lynn Camp and Thunderhead, I can attest to the chilliness of the water.

DryFly1
04-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Hey Kevin,

When I read the title" Awesome Day" I automatically thought that I would be reading a "lynn camp" fishing report! I know it's only a matter of hours before you begin your summer migration to that jewel of a stream.... Congrats on a great day..

Mark...