PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Bryon & Paula

donwinn
04-28-2007, 08:36 AM
I've been bugging Bryon and Paula extensively in the last couple of weeks trying to decide which rod to buy. They treated me like a long lost friend they had not seen in 10 years, and they would not know me if I walked in the shop tomorrow. I live in middle Tennessee, but ordered the rod from LRO. Why? Because every time I have been in the shop or have called, I have been treated like that long lost friend. It is hard to find customer service anywhere close to that level these days. It goes beyond selling. They are just nice folks. By the way, Daniel was very helpful as well.

Thanks,

DryFly1
04-28-2007, 11:24 AM
So what rod did you decide on Don?

Mark...

buckeyetrouter
04-28-2007, 05:09 PM
you are exactly right.....with Daniel, Paula and Byron I feel that I have found friends who happen to own an outfitters store. I have been buying alot of little orders lately, but they are all hellpfull and patient as I try to figure what I need. I have even told Daniel what I was going to tie and he sent me what I needed. Great friends, great service and great outfitters......

way to go everyone at LRO.....

buckeyetrouter

Dancing Bear
04-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Gotta' add my 2 cents worth. We just got home today from a week in Townsend. My wife was working on a proof reading job and her Mac lap top wouldn't start up. We knew that Byron is a Mac guy so we went by the shop to see if he had any ideas. It was in the morning and I know he had the fishing report and everything else going on but he still took time to help with her problem. And I don't mean a couple of minutes either. You don't find service or folks like that everywhere. We feel like we're with friends when we are there too. LRO is the BEST. Oh yeah, the fishing was good too. We hit the Middle Prong, West Prong, West Prong of the Little Pigeon and Walker Camp Prong. I got into the Drake hatch last night on the Middle Prong and saw the first orange colored sulpher for this year up there too.

Byron Begley
04-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Thank you everyone.

Don, I think you made the right choice on the TFO rod but if you don't like it, send it back. You don't have to spend $700 to get a good fly rod. We appreciate you working with us when there are other shops near you. Buckeye, we love hearing from you and helping with your fly tying and photo stuff. DB, you guys are great and I figured out the CD drive yesterday. Sorry it wouldn't work while you were here but I'm glad you had some good fishing. Our reward in this business is meeting and building relationships with folks like you. DryFly1, thank you for your input and comments about our shop, I see them all the time on the board. This has been a good week in the friendship department as usual. The fly tackle business has been good too. Thank you.

Your friend,

Byron

ijsouth
04-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry I missed y'all on my way back from Virginia - I fished Cosby and Lynn Camp on Wednesday, and as usual, I stayed on the streams too long. I went for an unscheduled swim, and I didn't leave the park until almost 7. Had such a blast - over 50 brookies between Cosby and the Rapidan River in Virginia. Topped it off with a scrumptious meal from Steak 'N Shake (we don't have them down here). However, it was a bit strange being alone without the girls - I think we're in drydock for this month coming up, but we should be back up there sometime in June.

Your customer service is what will give your shop an edge over the big boys, and the online presence means you're getting sales from people who have never heard of Townsend. That's how I found y'all - I got hooked on this trout fishing thing up in Virginia last summer, but I was looking at the Smokies as a destination a little closer to home...the search engines have your store pegged near the top, so I found myself reading the fishing report every day - it's become a ritual.