PDA

View Full Version : 3 Day License Inside The Gsmnp

pedipop
04-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Just read with interest the fishing report and the fisherman who were so gingerly treated by the Park Ranger. Question? Have the 3 day non-resident "inside the park" only fees gone up significantly? I usually make several pilgrimages each year and was surprised at the fees quoted in the story. Thanks for any info. Have great fishing but put some back for those of us who get there seldom but enjoy your sharing via the msg board.
pedipop

RFowler
04-28-2007, 12:20 PM
I hate to start doing this to the state of Tennessee but until they straighten out their offerings I will continue to give this advice. Pedipop, just buy a North Carolina license if you plan to stick to the Park only.

ijsouth
04-28-2007, 12:42 PM
I hate to start doing this to the state of Tennessee but until they straighten out their offerings I will continue to give this advice. Pedipop, just buy a North Carolina license if you plan to stick to the Park only.

That's what I've been doing - it's incredibly easy online. I started out buying 10-day licenses; now, I've gone ahead and bought a 1-year nonresident NC license, since I've been coming up there so often. For $40 total, I have the basic license, plus the special trout fishing stamp. That works out to being only a little more than my resident Louisiana license with the saltwater stamp.

Kytroutbum
04-28-2007, 01:02 PM
If you buy a NC out of state License as I have been doing- Be sure to let TWRA KNOW! I forward a copy of mine to them.

RFowler
04-28-2007, 01:16 PM
That's what I've been doing - it's incredibly easy online. I started out buying 10-day licenses; now, I've gone ahead and bought a 1-year nonresident NC license, since I've been coming up there so often. For $40 total, I have the basic license, plus the special trout fishing stamp. That works out to being only a little more than my resident Louisiana license with the saltwater stamp.

That's a good way to do it if you're just sticking to the Park. But, if you're just sticking to the Park then you're truly missing out on what Tennessee really has to offer. Most don't even know what's out there. A real anglers paradise.

ijsouth
04-28-2007, 02:37 PM
I know...I would love to fish the Tellico area, and there are others I wouldn't mind hitting. However, you see where I'm from - I have limited opportunities to fish the Smokies, and the park keeps me busy enough; there are a lot of areas I haven't even explored yet. As it is, I always feel pressured by the clock to try new streams, etc.

TroutDude
04-29-2007, 08:38 PM
I buy the NC license also. I make about 4 or 5 trips down to the smokies each year and its pays for itself.

Paula Begley
04-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Actually, the three day license for the Park is $16.50; the ten day is $25.50 and the annual is $41.00.

If you are seeking to fish waters outside the park that are stocked...the license fees are three day, $33.50; ten day $50.50 or annual $81.00.

Paula

pedipop
04-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Thank you Paula. The 3 day in the park at $16.50 must be the best bargain in the lower 48 (including Canada and Alaska).
pedipop

Grumpy
05-01-2007, 08:05 AM
I know...I would love to fish the Tellico area, and there are others I wouldn't mind hitting. However, you see where I'm from - I have limited opportunities to fish the Smokies, and the park keeps me busy enough; there are a lot of areas I haven't even explored yet. As it is, I always feel pressured by the clock to try new streams, etc.

There aren't any fish in Tellico, not that many people either, i'd stick to the Park:rolleyes:

Grumpy