PDA

View Full Version : Lost fly box...

StayLow
04-29-2007, 05:54 AM
I know its a long shot, but I lost my fly box about 0.5 mile above the hiking bridge at tremount last week while freeing a tiny rainbow. Its unbelievable how quick it was gone and how quickly I couldn't find it.

Flying Trout
04-29-2007, 11:04 PM
I feel your pain. I lost a box above Metcalf Bottoms. It was when I was first started fly fishing and that really hurt to have to go back and buy those flies. Of course, they were more than happy to help me replace them in the shop.

ijsouth
04-29-2007, 11:44 PM
I lost a pair of hemostats, my flotant, and my nifty $24 clippers/mag glass from Orvis up in Virginia last week...not fun, but luckily all replaceable.

Barbara
04-30-2007, 05:37 PM
I found 1/2 a bottle of fly desiccant below one of the bridges on the road to Tremont last week. It was strange because I had just told my husband I needed to buy some and I took a few steps and there was the plastic bottle. It was shut tight and the stuff inside was still usable. Thanks to someone I had dry flies the rest of the trip.

I lost my hemostats somewhere around Tremont in March. Hope the guy who lost the desiccant finds my hemostats. Seems only fair.