PDA

View Full Version : Where have you all fished?

TroutDude
04-29-2007, 08:43 PM
All this talk of travel has gotten me thinking. I'm wondering how many states/countries have you all fished in. And, whats the furtherest you've gone to fish?

Troutman
04-29-2007, 09:18 PM
I've been to Yellowstone area of Montana/Wyoming twice. Norfork river in Arkansas, fished several streams in western NC and fished some in a sea kayak while on vacation in Sanabel Island, FL.
I traveled alot when in the military but never stayed anywhere long enough to wet a line. I was on an Aircraft carrier, all work very little time to play.

Flying Trout
04-29-2007, 10:02 PM
I have fished many place in Florida from ponds to the panhandle. Most of my fishing in Florida came as a kid around the Fort Myers and Sanibel Island area. Right before I started fly fishing my father and I took a trip to Pensicola and fished a little there. All other fishing has been done on the rivers and lakes around East TN. I would really like to go to the LA or TX coast and go after some reds though. Just seems fun and a whole lot closer than the Keys trip I would like to take.
Flying Trout

Paula Begley
04-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Just off of the top of my head...TN, NC, SC, FL, NY, WY, UT, MT, MI, GA AND VA....in the US.

I am sure Byron has several more states on me...

Paula

Gerry Romer
04-29-2007, 10:25 PM
OH, WI, PA, FL, TN

Gerry

ijsouth
04-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Let's see...Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, New York, Oklahoma, and Ontario, Canada.

Flying Trout: In my role as tourism promoter for Louisiana, I would heartily recommend coming on down. There are a bunch of good guides you can hire that will put you on the fish - and more and more of them are taking on fly-fishing customers. I have literally seen 40 or more redfish all working an area no bigger than an average living room, but you really need someone who knows where to go and when - we have a lot of water, and after a while, it all looks alike - miles and miles of bayous, duck ponds, bays, and marsh grass.

Gerry Romer
04-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Forgot NJ - bluefish run...

wolfy
05-01-2007, 11:27 AM
I LOVE this poll! One of my life long goals is to catch a fish in all 50 states. I don't care what fish it is, or how I catch it - I just want to do it. I travel for business, so I get to a lot of places I would otherwise never get to see. My best example of this - 4 years ago, I had to go to Hawaii for a show. I was there for 3 days and three nights, and literrally had NO free time. But, the 2nd evening, I scrounged up a spinning combo and a handful of 1/4 oz. maribou jigs and went down to the Waikiki dock (where they filmed the opening shots for Gilligans Island!!) I ended up getting 4 hits and landing 2 fish - both about 10" long, 1 drab brown, the other sort of greenish. No idea what they were, but I caught a fish in Hawaii!! I also saw palmetto bugs crawling around the docks that were about the size of the fish I caught, but thats another story.

Anyway, I've caught fish in 33 states so far. Still need: AK, NV, AZ, NM, ND, KS, OK, IA, AR, LA, OH, MS, GA, SC, WV, RI, ME

Joe

mstone
05-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Tn,Ala,Ky,NC,FL,AR,MI,IN,WY,MT,ID,UT,The Alberta province of Canada...

mstone

kytroutman
05-03-2007, 08:07 AM
KY, TN, AR, SC, NC, VA, NV, WV, GA, IN, OH, MI, PA, MO, Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Ireland. Though I would have to say, imagine what kind of fishing, especially trolling, that you could do from an aircraft carrier ;-)

Flat Fly n
05-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Maybe I will start with the states I still want to fish AK and LA! Tuna and wahoo fishing off the derricks, and redfish in the flats sound like too much fun.

States I have fished....TN,SC,NC,GA,FL,VA,WVA,KY,AR,PA,NY,NH,ME, VT,MT,WY,ID,WA

Flat Fly'n

wolfy
05-03-2007, 11:13 AM
I see a few other countries popping up in the responses. While not as extensive as my US ventures, I've caught fish in:

Canada - Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Yukon

England, Scotland, Norway, Sweden

Mexico

Joe

David Knapp
05-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Great topic! So far I've fished in TN, NC, GA, VA, NY, OK, AZ, SD, WY, CO in the US... Hope to add some more this year! :cool:

Woody
05-06-2007, 04:22 PM
TN,GA,NC,VA,NJ,VT,PA,MI,IN,KY,AL, 11 in all, Most in East TN and VA

buckeyetrouter
05-06-2007, 04:49 PM
OH, MI, IN, IL, CO, TN, TX, KY.......here I am right beside PA and haven't fished there yet, doesn't sound right does it.......

so many states and so little time.........

buckeyetrouter

Woody
05-06-2007, 05:55 PM
buckeyetrouter, ever fish for steelhead. I've heard during spawning runs the action can be rather spectacular. My brother lives in Bera, close to Cleveland and fishes for walleye, and carp with a fly rod out in lake Erie. A site to to see.