PDA

View Full Version : A backwoods Church

muleskinner
05-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Their is something else I would like to ask you all. I sure would like to go to Church when we come up there. I go to a very rural Church pretty small with nothing but a bunch of country folks. I do not have a problem with big Churches I would just rather go to one something like I am used to. Do any of you have suggestions for a good ole Church maybe up in the mountains are somewhere off the beaten path to go to?

Dion Byrd

russ
05-03-2007, 08:33 AM
There's more churches up here than you can shake a stick at. Do you want to go to a baptist, methodist, prespatyrian (sp?), lutheran, catholic, snake handling baptist, foot washing baptist, Church of God, episcopatial (sp?), the one where they drink the special cool aid, etc.?

muleskinner
05-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Did you say a snake handling Baptist? I have never heard of such in my life. No I don't think I want to go there unless i can bring my 22 rifle. I trust in the Lord but I do not want to push my luck. i would just like a good ole Baptist Church back in the woods.

muleskinner
05-03-2007, 10:31 AM
what do you mean by special cool aid?

Jack M.
05-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Bethel Baptist Church132 Bethel Church Road, Townsend
Campground United Methodist ChurchHwy 321, Townsend
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church7719 River Road, Townsend
Kinzel Springs Baptist Church7077 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway, Townsend
Townsend Church of God325 Webb Road, Townsend
Tuckaleechee United Methodist Church7322 Old Tuckallechee Road, Townsend

And see more at:
http://www.townsendthepeacefulside.com/churches/churches.htm

pmike
05-03-2007, 11:56 AM
here again we can see the obvious need for LRO to hire a mountain loving and experienced pastor and begin regular chapel services. I suggest one from NE Florida, about 50ish or so, with experience fishing in the area! MY, err, I mean His contact information can be forwarded along with a resume to Byron, Paula, or Daniel for consideration at their convenience.

Mike

PS: No snake handling except at streamside and with a staff, only then to remove banded water snakes from my inteded path!

donwinn
05-03-2007, 12:05 PM
That was good Mike. I think they probably need a middle aged CPA as well to help the fishermen account for all their beans. Don't you agree?

pmike
05-03-2007, 12:38 PM
I am sure a good CPA would prove to be a priceless asset, especially when we begin holding services!

I say it's time for the board to vote on this issue, I'm sure Byron would most likely agree...

Mike

Brutus
05-03-2007, 01:17 PM
After visiting LRO in Townsend, stop by the dulcimer store down the road. My wife has purchased one of his instruments before, a real nice gentleman. They have a small "pickin porch" behind the store each Saturday night. Anyway, I believe he has a small church on the property. You would probably like it. Its the only dulcimer store in Townsend, so it shouldn't be hard to find. As I said, nice folks, and he is a great craftsman with the "wormy" chestnut. His instruments are beautiful. Mike Clemmer, and its called, Woods & Strings Dulcimer Shop.

russ
05-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Did you say a snake handling Baptist? I have never heard of such in my life. No I don't think I want to go there unless i can bring my 22 rifle. I trust in the Lord but I do not want to push my luck. i would just like a good ole Baptist Church back in the woods.

There is some line in the bible that says you can pick up serpents with out being harmed or something. These people take it literally and actually handle live, fully functional rattle snakes and copper heads when the spirit moves them.

The cool aid remark was a smart alex line about some cult that commited mass suicide many years ago by mixing poison with cool aid or something and then every one drank it.

Now don't worry about our churches. Most of them aren't crazy like that, I was just joshin ya a little.

muleskinner
05-03-2007, 03:02 PM
I was able to see a lot of your Churches from this site. I am sure that i will be able to find one there.

www.discoverachurchinthesmokies.com (http://www.discoverachurchinthesmokies.com)

Rog 1
05-03-2007, 03:06 PM
The proposal was for a LRO preacher, a CPA and I would propose there is definitely a need for a lawyer in there somewhere....would seem to be a need for such to draft up last wills and testaments before we, you, all head up into those woods that are full of bears, snakes, hogs, and whatever that are to fierce to imagine and are mentioned often in connection with what I personally know as fine fishin' waters.....I hereby volunteer....ups, bad word for a Florida boy...