PDA

View Full Version : O.T. new addition to park compendium

sammcdonald
05-08-2007, 08:46 PM
"willfully approaching within 50 yards (150 feet), or any distance that disturbs or distresses a bear or an elk is prohibited".

this will give enforcement the power to stop some of the foolishness around the larger mammals.

David Knapp
05-08-2007, 08:50 PM
AWESOME!!! This is good news...I can't begin to count the times I've seen people acting unintelligent around bears in Cades Cove...

DryFly1
05-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Wife- Hey,look at the bear!

Husband- I 'll jump out and get a few pics.

Wife- Don't get too close honey!

Husband- I won't!

Wife - Your getting too close honey!

Husband- Just a little closer,I'll be fine-snap-snap-snap.

Bear- GRRRRRRrrrr!!!

Insurance claims- In what denominations would you like your husbands life insurance in Mrs. Jones?

Mark.....

Barbara
05-09-2007, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=DryFly1;37911]Wife- Hey,look at the bear!

Husband- I 'll jump out and get a few pics.

Wife- Don't get too close honey!

Husband- I won't!

Wife - Your getting too close honey!

Husband- Just a little closer,I'll be fine-snap-snap-snap.

Bear- GRRRRRRrrrr!!!

Insurance claims- In what denominations would you like your husbands life insurance in Mrs. Jones?

Bear's wife- Honey, you've got to go on a diet. Look at that gut on you!!

Bear-Burrrrppppp, sorry sweetie, I over did it at lunch.:biggrin:

lauxier
05-09-2007, 07:50 PM
"up periscope...bear ahead 70 yards....60 yards.....50 yards...kill engines...stop....quite please,nobody move...we are out of range...bear is no longer visible on radar screen..start engines...etc......the park's ecosystem is governed by folks who must treat visitors like children---there is a shortage of park rangers,they deserve to be paid well..there are more bears than ever....fed(habituated) bears will attack humans...to feed a bear you usually have to get close to them....the 50 yard rule is needed....it has to be enforced...