PDA

View Full Version : I need your advise!

dick pope
05-10-2007, 08:57 AM
I need your Advise! Going to be in Townsend the 2nd week of June. Can some of you give me advise on spincasting for smallmouth and trout...location and lures.

How about spincasting in the park?

Many Thanks

scflyfisher
05-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Dick,

I'm definitely not the person to ask about smallmouth as I have never fished for yet in my life. If I were going in the park I would take rooster tales with single hooks. Just no treble hooks in the park and you'll be fine. If for some reason the water got high and dirty from a lot of rain, I would even take something bigger like a rapala with a single hook. If you get a bite with that rig it might just be the highlight of your trip. Good luck and let us know how it goes when you get back. I'm sure there will be some people on here to give you some smallmouth advice.

One other idea. I heard someone on here a while back say that took a child and tied on a wooly bugger with split shot and they caught one on that as well. That's something you could do if you wanted to try and throw flies. A big helgramite or stone fly nymph with shot in deep holes might just get a bite.

Matt

Catchem
05-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Dick,

The smallmouth fishing is good below Townsend in the Little River. There is some good access along highway 321 between Townsend and Maryville. Also, you can find access on old highway 73 on the other side of the river. The smallmouth bass fishing should be good in early June.

Woody
05-10-2007, 03:21 PM
I agree with Dick much better in the Little Rive outside the park. Watch out for private property. Ive often want to float that section. If you do be careful there are a couple of obsticules (minor) that you would have to portage. Iv eheard the fishing is pretty good.

Woody
05-10-2007, 03:23 PM
I mean Catchem, not Dick. I agree with Catchem, my bad

Bran
05-11-2007, 09:57 AM
I catch a lot of Smallmouth here in VA on the large Black and Chartreuse
beetle spin lures. They seem to do good any time, also I have some buddies
that have confidence in the Rebel wee crawfish crankbait. That's all it's about though a lot of time bass fishing is confidence in the lure, it improves
your presentation and makes you more selective with casting etc.

Jack M.
05-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Advise is a verb. The noun form is advice. Sorry-- just offering a little friendly grammar advice. If you want, you can advise me to shove off.