PDA

View Full Version : Churches in Cades Cove

muleskinner
05-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Do they have regular Church services in them are not. I don't think that they do but wasn't for sure. I still havent found me a Church to go to while I am there but I am sure I will find one. probably just which ever one I come across will be fine

David Knapp
05-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Not regularly although I'm pretty sure they do at least occasionally. That would be a special service going to church in the Cove.:smile: Maybe someone here will know more specifics on when they do...

ttas67
05-11-2007, 11:27 PM
I was under the impression that they had them every sunday, maybe just during tourist season though, which is, right about now. good luck on finding somewhere. in east tennessee in general, you can drive down any backroad and you will find a church within 2 or three miles.

sammcdonald
05-13-2007, 07:27 PM
no services. and now no weddings either. there is an event called Precious Memories which is periodically held in the Primitive Baptist Church by Tom Harrington, a park volunteer, and member of the cades cove preservation association.

budman
05-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Our church has had a Sunday morning service at the Primitive Baptist Church the past two years. We have our retreat in Townsend so we do the service up there. A very cool experience & as you can imagine it is quite a spectacle for the tourists.

sammcdonald
05-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Wedding and Special Event Permits
Weddings and other special events require a permit and must follow specific guidelines.

If you wish to hold your special event on the Tennessee side of the park, please call (865) 436-1266 for permit and regulation information. If you would like to hold the ceremony on the North Carolina side of the park, please contact (828) 497-1930.