PDA

View Full Version : license woes

ttas67
05-12-2007, 11:12 AM
I love fishing in the park, but seeing how it's my home waters and I fish there 2-3 days a week, I get a little restless sometimes and look for different pastures. I've been interested in fishing whitetop laurel for some time now. It's a relatively short drive from knoxville. this morning I awoke and decided today would be the perfect day. then I remembered, gotta get a VA lic. ok, no big deal, should be able to get a 1 day permit or something, right? wrong!. shortest non resident lic. available is 5 days - $15. ok, that's not so bad, right? wrong! have to have a trout stamp which appears to only be available on an annual basis - $35. so if I wanted to take a leisurely trip over the state line to catch a few trout today, it's going to cost a minimum of $50. I won't even talk about gas prices. that's just too much money. I guess I'll be seeing you guys up in the park today.

ijsouth
05-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I bought an annual nonresident Virginia license for around $40 - I just needed the basic license when I was up there last month fishing in SNP; however, I know that they have a lot of streams that require stamps, permits, etc. Buying an annual was probably overkill, as Virginia is a bit of a drive for me, and I doubt I'll fish up there again this year, but it just seemed simpler than getting a temporary, etc.