PDA

View Full Version : Troutfest

Sage
05-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Who all is planning on attending any of the events for Troutfest? I used to stay away from it because I'm not big on crowds, but I finally realized that if I love fishing the Park so much, it would probably be a good idea to attend, donate, and show my support. My son is not old enough to fish yet, but when he is, I'd like for him to enjoy the Park as we have for many years.

buckeyetrouter
05-15-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm leaving Ohio around 5am thursday morning and plan on staying thru sunday. The cookout for the LRO message board should be a good time and give us all a chance to put a face to a name, be sure to let budman know if you are going to attend......

should be a great time and I am planning on getting alot of fishing in so if any of you park experience folks want to teach this buckeye some park fishing techniques I am ready to learn........

buckeyetrouter

msdilligaff
05-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Come to Troutfest, Eat, Fish & be merry! Meet the local Anglers and make new friends. I have been on the river the last couple weekends and the fish have been finicky, but biting. Hope to see you there! Tightlines to ya!

Paula Begley
05-15-2007, 08:17 PM
In addition to the message board picnic, there is the Troutfest banquet and auction. There are banquet tickets available.

The meal is awesome and is prepared all by TU volunteers! On the menu:

Marinated Grilled Chicken
Jack Gregory's FAMOUS potato salad (Don't eat it, leaves more for me..:biggrin:)
Baked Beans (My *secret* recipe...three beans, with onion, cumin and cilantro...spicy)
Pasta Salad (Also my recipe...pretty yummy...artichoke hearts, capers, fresh herbs, peppers, etc... can't say the rest...would have to kill you...;))
Rolls
Key Lime Pie
Pear and Peach Cobblers and Ice cream

It is not to be missed, truly!

Then, amazing amounts of really awesome stuff to bid on...and it all helps the fisheries in the park! What could be better?

Paula

Woody
05-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Be driving down from DC Friday morning. First stop LRO to get my 3 day licence. Then over to my, never fail, secret location Friday afternoon to fish untill dark or untill my arm gets so tired from landing fish it starts to stiffen. Saturday, up at dawn, fish untill about noon then over to Troutfest. Head to the BBQ about 4 stopping a couple of times along the Little River to wet my line. Get up Sunday at dawn, fish untill around 11, at never fail secret location number 2, then home. Can't wait, what a weekend. Might even try to score some ticket to the banquet if I have no schedule conflicts.

doghaircaddis
05-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Man, I wish I could make it.