PDA

View Full Version : Curious about the Fishing Report Today

bamafisherlady
05-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Hi. I am assuming that all the commotion with the ambulances, fire trucks, and police cars was due to the fire there in the Smokies. I am SO GLAD to be coming up next week with my girls from Alabama. We hope to do a little fishing and had also hoped to hike to Abram's Falls and maybe fish a little on the way. Sounds like this may be out of the question at this point with the fire and all, or is it?

As always we will stop in the store and get some "things". They (and I) are in love with Townsend, the Smokies, and LRO. Can hardly wait!!! See you in about a week, and keep us posted on the fire situation, if you can.

Appreciate it.

ttas67
05-22-2007, 11:52 PM
there was a house fire in townsend that killed 2 people. seems like the whole us is on fire here lately. hopefully the fire at abrams won't destroy that beautiful area!

ijsouth
05-23-2007, 12:04 AM
That is really tragic - sounds like those old folks had no chance of escaping. In the meantime, this fire in the park is making me very nervous; we're getting into our summertime pattern down here, with the afternoon showers - it looks like we're at the eastern edge of the moisture pattern - to the east of us, nothing. It's almost like the Bermuda High has parked itself over the Eastern U.S, a little early; if we could get it to shift a little eastward, the return flow over the western edge of it would start pumping in that nice, humid air from the Gulf of Mexico (which we enjoy year round) up over the mountains, and then the park would get some nice daily thunderstorm action.

I've been checking the long-range national forecasts - so far, nothing on the horizion as far as changes go.

bamafisherlady
05-23-2007, 06:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear about those who were killed in the fire. That is very sad.