PDA

View Full Version : Paula's Magic Mojo

Sage
05-22-2007, 11:14 PM
If you guys didn't know it, Paula has been blessed with magic mojo that she sprinkles on the flies they sell. It's true! In addition, she and the entire staff are always going out of their way to help us old fishaholics out. I needed a few flies and some other items, but could not make it to the shop before closing time so what does she do? She happily takes my order, picks out some dandy flies and proceeds with the ceremonial sprinkling of the mojo, rings it up, and puts it in a secret hiding place so I could pick it up on the way to the park. Doing business there is a pleasure. It's like Christmas all year long!

Thanks Paula! The flies were just what the fish were looking for. Managed to bring 8 or so bows to hand before the light ran out. The last one was a solid 12" fighter. As I'm sure all who read this will agree, you guys are very special to many of us. We're glad you all are here.

P.S. The hatch around 8:15 was incredible. I've never seen one so thick. It was a beautiful experience.

Paula Begley
05-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Thank you for your kind comments, Sage! As we say, we cannot do it without all of you!

Glad the flies worked for you!

Paula

flyman
05-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Word has it she may have learned it all from the famous Voodoo Queen of New Orleans, Marie Laveau.;)

ijsouth
05-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Word has it she may have learned it all from the famous Voodoo Queen of New Orleans, Marie Laveau.;)

People still visit her tomb in St Louis Cemetery #1, which is just outside the French Quarter; the tradition is to make an 'X' on the crypt with a piece of chalk - supposedly it brings luck, breaks curses, or whatever. I have relatives buried all over the city, but none in that one; just as well - it isn't a place to go alone...you almost need to go as part of a tour group, unless you want to get mugged.