PDA

View Full Version : Pittman Center area/ Little River

SanFran1966
05-25-2007, 09:27 PM
I was directed to this message board by a reliable source.

I have an opportunity to work and fish in Sevier County the next several weeks. Primarily in Pittman Center. Is the trout fishing down the Little River from 321 through Pittman Center up 416 a good place for a "hack" to get some time in?

If so, are there any issues with private land and wading?

How does that section of the Little River compare to fishing in the park around Greenbriar?

Any advice is appreciated...

Kevin_Thomas
05-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Greenbriar in the Park is a great time...

Hugh Hartsell
05-25-2007, 10:14 PM
San Fran, so that you won't get confused after you get here; the river that you will be close to at Pittman Center, is the Middle Prong of the Little Pigeon River. It is the stream that comes out of Greenbriar and it is only medicore down in the section below the Park. There are a few natives for a couple of miles downstream of the Park, but it turns into smallmouth water. It is a good stream for that. Little River is the stream that comes down from Elkmont and flows into Townsend. This is several miles from Pittman Center. HWY 321 which crosses the Middle Prong at the Park boundry, will eventualy take you to Townsend and Little River. You have to drive back upstream for a few miles into the Park to get to good trout water. It is worth it.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.

David Knapp
05-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the board! Greenbriar is a great place to go. You just need a small box of dries and you will be catching fish. The stream can be a bit tough to negotiate at times but as Kevin said, it is well worth it...

celticangler
05-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Amen! I fished Greenbriar a week ago and had a blast! The fish were jumping all over anything with yellow. Just watch the slippery round rocks - nearly wrecked an already bad knee.