PDA

View Full Version : Tellico River Q's by Jim Abbott

LROjunky
05-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I was told that there was safely wadable water on the Telico about 45 minutes from Maryville. Anybody know directions and location. I want to fish it tomorrow and if anyone cares to join feel free. I will be leaving Maryville at 8:00

Paula Begley
05-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Jim

I moved your post to TN Trout Streams and Tailwaters so you would likely get more of a response and I merged your other post here as well.

Paula

LROjunky
05-26-2007, 05:12 PM
I am new to area. I would like to go fishing tomorrow morning and someone told me to go to Tellico and that there was plenty wadable water for fly fishing. The problem is I do not know where or how to get there. Can anyone help or care to join me?

David Knapp
05-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Tellico is a nice stream but is largely a put and take stocked stream. You need a daily permit which you probably can pick up in Tellico Plains. There is a lot of very nice water there. Good luck and post a report if you make it down there! I haven't fished the mainstem Tellico much and none this time of year. Hopefully someone else with more experience on this stream will be able to give more advice... If you want to explore, check out some of the Tellico tribuataries, they can fish well and are probably a little less crowded...

Hoss
05-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Jim, take hwy.411 south from Maryville to hwy. 68 at Madisonville, go east on hwy. 68 untill you come into Tellico Plains. There is a Hardee's and Tellico Pride Market on your left, you can get a daily permit at the market. Right past the Hardee's take a left go about 2 miles untill you see a sign directing you to the Cherohala Skyway stay right and after about 6 miles take a right ( there will be a sign directing you to Bald River Falls and the Tellico Ranger Station ) follow this road for at least 10 to 12 miles to begin fishing, you will start seeing plenty of cars along the pulloffs and this will let you know your in the right area.