PDA

View Full Version : First Post

Lone Oak
05-30-2007, 02:12 AM
Found your site from someone posting a link from another forum.

I bought a fly rod last yr here in chattanooga but have not had a chance to really fish with it much as of yet.
Trying to plan a trip to Gatlinburg come October and planning on staying in a Cabin on Cosby Creek (if we are able to book one).

Have ultra light tackle for spinning and use to fish Tellico yrs ago using black/rooster tails 1/8 ouce with good results.

How is the fishing in this area and will a trout stamp or special license be needed? I have a sportsman license TN.

Being Oct, if I chose to fly fish, what would be a good patern to try?

I have never been to Cosby but from looking at a map, it does not seem to be far from Gatlinburg.

Did a search on Cosby (here in the forums) and read some pretty good post, but unsure if I would be in the Park boundary or not, stayin in a Cabin on Cosby Creek.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Jim

Caneybuff
05-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Byron does a great job on this board and the website. Truly one of the best that I visit, and I do visit several. And if you visit the LRO shop in Townsend and spend a few minutes talking with Byron, Paula, Bill or other staff folks, you'll see that they aren't just about making sales, but that they love this thing called fly fishing, and the folks who like to stand in a river waving a stick.

Because I don't often fish the "blue lines" around the park, I seldom make a post here, but I review the board and Byron's report almost daily. This is one of those rare sites that offer a lot more than a first glance will reveal. On LRO's home page you will find all you need to know about required license under the tab "Fishing Info."

So, welcome to the board and tight lines.

The tug is the drug,
Dan

Paula Begley
05-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the board, Lone Oak.

Thanks for the nice comments, Caneybuff.

Lone Oak, your sportsman's license will cover you for both inside and outside the park.

Paula

Caneybuff
06-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm sorry Paula, I should have said, that Bryon and YOU do a great job on the board, as well as your tireless efforts in the shop. Thanks much. We are all lucky to have you guys working to make our fly fising experiences more enjoyable. Can't wait to get back up and toss something, anything, you recommend to the trout.

Lone Oak
06-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Well, it looks like we got a cabin booked on Cosby. Says it sits on 3 acres of land and it appears to have a decent looking place for the kids to catch a trout or two.
Looks like I am the only one to be fly fishin as the others will be spin fishing. Have caught my share with spin fishing but never went much in the fall, so will have no idea as to what baits to use.
We will be there the last of Oct and hope to make it by the LRO and meet Paula and the others to say hello.
If anyone wants to chime in and offer advise, please do so.

Have no idea where this cabin is located, but it looked pleasing to the eye on the internet :)

thanks for reading,

jim