PDA

View Full Version : Praising TFO & LRO

donwinn
06-01-2007, 10:42 AM
For about three weeks back in April, I was bugging Bryon and Paula about which fly rod to buy. I was considering a Winston WT and Orvis Superfine, but I just didn't really want to spend that much money. I would rather spend the money on fishing trips. Anyway, they suggested the TFO Finesse. I purchased the TFO 3 wt. and carried that rod on my backcountry trip May 18 - 20, 2007. The rod casts like a dream for both accuracy and delicate presentation.

As far as the trip is concerned, Eugene and I caught lots of fish each day. We stayed at camp # 24 and fished the Little River. We basically had the area to ourselves. That is one of the great things about GSMNP. If you want to get away from crowds, you can if you are willing to do some hiking. We fished with nothing but dry flies and caught several good-sized fish. We used the little yellow foam pattern that everyone is talking about. I only switched the fly one time. I used a light cahill and caught a few fish, but the action was not as quick as with the yellow sally. So, I quickly changed back.

Thanks to Bryon, Paula, and Daniel for your great customer service.

Bryon and Daniel it was great to finally talk to you in person.

Don

ttas67
06-01-2007, 12:07 PM
congratulations on a good trip. I've been using some of those yellow foam caddis lately. the fish really attack em hard.

Paula Begley
06-01-2007, 06:15 PM
donwinn,

Thanks for all of your nice comments! That kind of thing keeps us going! :smile:

Glad you had such a wonderful trip!

Paula

Thunderhead8
06-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Paula, Christian and I had luck with those foam bodied stoneflies you got for us. I also tried using one as a strike indicator over a green weenie. The green weenie sank the stonefly but I caught three 'bows on the green weenie anyway. It was a funny rig but it worked in the riffles. I would have changed it when I saw the stonefly sink, but I caught a fish on the first cast with it. Funny what works at any given time.

Paula Begley
06-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Thunderhead8,

So glad you two had a good time. It was great to see you, as always.

Paula