PDA

View Full Version : Is it raining???

mtnman2888
06-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Hello all, I just looked at the radar and it looks like the mountains of nc and tn are getting some beneficial storms, just hope they're not too bad. Is it raining a good bit where y'all are at?? The water levels sure could use it......

Craig

scflyfisher
06-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Craig,

I just got home from a quick trip to the Davidson and Avery creek this afternoon. I arrived at noon and fished about 3 hours. I heard thunder off and on while I was fishing, but never felt a drop of rain. I'm sure there will be some rain, the skies all around looked pretty grey and rainy. The rivers sure do need it. I have never seen the Davidson this low in my 5 years of FF. I did manage 2 browns on the Davidson, biggest was about 10". Caught a brookie on Avery that must have been a stocker that snuck up from the Davidson. He was about 10", was sitting in a wide open spot with very slow water and he didn't spook when I walked up on him. That's not normal in water conditions like these. His fins looked normal to me, but I just can't believe it was a wild fish by the way it acted.

Matt

Kevin_Thomas
06-01-2007, 04:48 PM
It's raining in Alcoa right now...

Paula Begley
06-01-2007, 04:56 PM
I drove back from Maryville about an hour ago and drove through a shower that was just enough to put some dots in the dust on the Suburban.

Sigh...

Paula

ttas67
06-01-2007, 05:11 PM
it just started pouring in west knox

old tom
06-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Craig - I was in Bryson City yesterday and it rained from about 2:00 to 4:00 pm. Good off and on shower, just enough to muddy the water for the evening hatch - but I'm not fussing - I'll give up an evening of fishing for the rain.