PDA

View Full Version : playing around with wire

buckeyetrouter
06-03-2007, 02:07 PM
was playing around with wire and flashabou and tied this up. Took it to the reservioir here in good ole Lima Ohio and was catching some small bluegills and a fair sized one every now and then. All of a sudden the tug on the line was much greater than a b-gill, messed around and caught a hold over trout that was released in the fall and survived till now. Got him to my hand and the line broke taking him, and the only fly I tied like that with him....started tying more as soon as I got home....
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l303/buckeyetrouter/DSC_0034.jpg
no pic of the bow, but here is the fly....

buckeyetrouter

Griff
06-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Looks good to me Buckeye! I'll take a half a dozen.

Gerry Romer
06-04-2007, 10:32 PM
You know how your eyes will sometimes fill in the blanks that aren't there?? When I saw this thread my mind read ".......wife."

Thought I was on the wrong board for a sec...

buckeyetrouter
06-05-2007, 07:33 AM
hey Wess, good to hear from you.....how are things going, job still keeping you from fishing much....missed you guys at the cook out, it was a good time and nice to put more faces to names..........next year will be even better!!

Gerry.......funny lhow your eyes can make you read what they want to......thanks for the input on the Cumberland guide, Abby and I would like to try a few Kentucky rivers for trout and the posts mention the Cumberland alot........

buckeyetrouter

Gerry Romer
06-05-2007, 09:39 PM
In case you missed it, my son posted a lengthy report on our recent trip to the Cumberland. If you're looking to wade, email me (gwrom1@gmail.com) and I'll give you some specifics. There's definitely some fish in that river!

Gerry