PDA

View Full Version : Another new guy

CinciVol
06-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Hello all, I'm a pretty lousy but avid warmwater and coldwater flyfisherman moving to Knoxville in a few months for work and family. I'm a Cincinnati native but I lived and went to school in Knoxville for 5 years but I have been living up in Washington DC for the past 2 years. Although the DC area has better fishing than you might suspect (especially for bass), I am pretty fired up about treturning to the Volunteer state. I have been jealously reading the posts on this site for the past year or so and I can't wait to contribute some comic relief, I mean fishing reports, in the near future! I'm hoping y'all get some rain soon!

Paula Begley
06-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Welcome, CinciVol!

We love comic relief/fishing reports here! :biggrin:

Thanks for joining the board...have fun.

Paula

TroutDude
06-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey CV,

Welcome to the board.

David Knapp
06-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Welcome aboard! Looking forward to your comic relief reports...:biggrin:

Gerry Romer
06-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Welcome aboard!

What part of Cincy? I'm originally from Greenhills, went to St X., finished up my degree at UC. Still have some family up there but most have moved on. Been here in Maryville since '84 and I don't think I can leave the mountains...

Gerry Romer

CinciVol
06-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Gerry,

I'm a fellow Cinci West-Sider. Grew up in Western Hills but I went to high school at Covington Latin HS in KY. My whole family is Elder purple though so I have heard all about St. X over the years! I agree with you that once you live near the mountains, it would be awefully hard to go back to Ohio, probably the reason I never did.

Thanks for the greeting from all and I hope to see many of you on the streams in a few months!

Dave

fishlicker
06-06-2007, 04:51 AM
Welcome to LRO! Watch out for Gerry though - don't fish with him - he took all my bad luck a week ago, and I'm afraid he'll have a hard time...hey, wait a minute...( * whispers to Gerry...hey - an unsuspecting soul to rub off bad fishlicker luck on!) :)

Hope you have fun fishin' the smokies!