PDA

View Full Version : Spare Time

golfballs03
06-04-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm headed to Townsend on Wednesday as part of my job but will be done just after noon. Where is the best place in the park to fish for a few hours in an afternoon?

Kevin_Thomas
06-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Hit the gravel road at Tremont and look for some shaded stretches of water. Fish in the riffles, preferably 2-3 ft deep. The fish are less spooky in the afternoon if you target these areas...

fishlicker
06-06-2007, 04:58 AM
....and if you strike out there, head to the left as you come out of Tremont and stop at a pull out along the small creek there. Usually, it's good for a few wild bows and maybe even a brownie. Be sneaky though - this is small water, and with the lack of rain, sure to be lower than normal and make them even more prone to the zip effect. that's where you start to cast and the fish....ummm..."zip" up the stream...whhhheeeee!

I have alot of days when the phrase I use most is..."there goes another one!" :) Good luck!

flyman
06-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Hey Golfball.
Another thing you can do is stop at LRO and arm yourself with a map and some info and spend a little time driving and fishing several locations. I often think of my first trip into an unknown area as sort of a recon of the area for future trips.