PDA

View Full Version : 65 CFS flow...

StayLow
06-09-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't think I've ever seen the Little River at this low of a flow. How low can it go before there is serious damage to the fish population?

ttas67
06-09-2007, 11:26 PM
I don't know, but its low low low out there. most of the runs I regualry haunt aren't runs any longer, but slow trickles. I thought about going up high where the water's a little cooler in the day, but I'm afraid there may not be any water up there. maybe I'll drive over the hill and check it out tomorrow.

David Knapp
06-10-2007, 11:13 AM
On the bright side, if some fish don't make it due to the low water, the rest will be larger next year...:rolleyes:

Paula Begley
06-10-2007, 07:47 PM
The thing that y'all need to remember about small water is, it is just like high water....there are only so many places they can go. Albeit, when the water temps get high, you may stress the fish...dissolved oxygen levels get low and they just cannot breath. They are going to be in or near the areas that get some oxygenation of the water.

Fish the seams and fish just below the lips of the pools...where the water has poured over rocks...stirring it up...and adding oxygen to those areas.

All is not lost...I had students on Middle Prong today, in the middle of the day, who caught fish on dries. :smile:

Paula