PDA

View Full Version : Day time success in the West Prong & MC bottom

Kodak
06-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Hey: I am so excited. I caught my first bow in the Park. Paula told us to try the west prong which my son & I did late Monday am. I hooked this whopper ("8") on a green weenie in a rapid below the institute. All told, we caught 8 bow's and let two get away at the last minute. I am amazed at how hard these little bow's fight compared to the 12" small mouths I catch behind my house.

The water is low, but it is a blessing for an old duffer like me. Yesterday we went clear to the end of the Tremont gravel road and went to the left across the bridge. I was able to climb over the huge rocks and fish the many beautiful holes. I don't think I could have done that if the water had been much higher. Actually I think I do pretty good for an 83 year old man.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement!

Jim

Hugh Hartsell
06-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Jim. let me take a minute to congratulate you on the things that you just described doing on this trip. I just hope that you have 83 more good years to enjoy life and this beautiful sport.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.

cdu1961
06-13-2007, 02:42 PM
thanks for sharing.i am truely motivated

sammcdonald
06-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Glad you had success. That water at Tremont is actually the Middle Prong. The West Prong comes off of Bote Mountain and joins the Middle Prong at the bridge just before the Tremont Road on Laurel Creek Road.

Kodak
06-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Sam:

Thanks for the correction. I knew that. Senility is a wonderful thing.

Jim

Green Weenie
06-14-2007, 07:48 AM
83 years young! You, sir, are truly an inspiration!

kjctown
06-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Kodak, Congrats on your first bow in the park.

I fished the West Prong just below the picnic area near the Chimney Tops and had a wonderful day. The fish were biting all day long except for a short period. I caught most of the fish on a light cahill, but also had luck with a green weenie. I will try to post some pictures of the day.

Keith

Bran
06-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Jim you're an inspiration, I truly hope I can fish like that at 83.